Truth is always freedom, but we live in a day that prefers happiness over truth. We need to be in the truth and love it, not attack it as is being done. The Baptism of Jesus is a messianic inauguration and Trinitarian confirmation.
In this passage, Luke wants us to make a connection. Jesus grows in wisdom, became strong in the Spirit, and the grace of God was upon Him. Then in verse 52, He grew in favor with God and men. The word favor is the same word […]
- Observations on Character October 14, 2018
- The Orthodox Catechism Q 3-5 October 7, 2018
- The God of Steadfast Love and Faithfulness October 7, 2018
- It’s Not about Us: A Lesson in Biblical Interpretation September 30, 2018
- Reflections on a Good Wife and a Long Marriage September 23, 2018
Sermon Tags10 Commandments Abraham Attributes of God Blessings Christ church Comfort Corinthians Covenant Ephesians Exodus Faith Forgiveness Genesis God Gospel Grace Hope Isaiah Jesus Jude Judgment Justice King Law Love Luke Marriage Matthew Mercy Messiah Obedience Prayer Prophets Psalms Resurrection Sabbath Salvation Sermon Sin Titus Trust Truth Wisdom Worship