The fourth beatitude in Luke 6 reveals the fact that Christians can expect to receive opposition of varying degrees and for various reasons. But rather than respond negatively, we need to see this as a signal of our being in line with the true prophets of the Old Testament and in the same group as the Apostles of the New Testament and to rejoice. This sermon explores these truths in greater detail.
- Observations on Character October 14, 2018
- The Orthodox Catechism Q 3-5 October 7, 2018
- The God of Steadfast Love and Faithfulness October 7, 2018
- It’s Not about Us: A Lesson in Biblical Interpretation September 30, 2018
- Reflections on a Good Wife and a Long Marriage September 23, 2018
Sermon Tags10 Commandments Abraham Attributes of God Blessings Christ church Comfort Corinthians Covenant Ephesians Exodus Faith Forgiveness Genesis God Gospel Grace Hope Isaiah Jesus Jude Judgment Justice King Law Love Luke Marriage Matthew Mercy Messiah Obedience Prayer Prophets Psalms Resurrection Sabbath Salvation Sermon Sin Titus Trust Truth Wisdom Worship