In Luke 5:27-32, we are to see who the Gospel call goes out to; what is the entry point of a life of discipleship. In the call of Levi we are to understand that the disciples are those who have heard and obeyed Jesus’ call to repentance. The Gospel of Luke also enables us to see who the false disciples are; the scribes and Pharisees, and to expose their false religion and opposition to Jesus Christ.
- Observations on Character October 14, 2018
- The Orthodox Catechism Q 3-5 October 7, 2018
- The God of Steadfast Love and Faithfulness October 7, 2018
- It’s Not about Us: A Lesson in Biblical Interpretation September 30, 2018
- Reflections on a Good Wife and a Long Marriage September 23, 2018
Sermon Tags10 Commandments Abraham Attributes of God Blessings Christ church Comfort Corinthians Covenant Ephesians Exodus Faith Forgiveness Genesis God Gospel Grace Hope Isaiah Jesus Jude Judgment Justice King Law Love Luke Marriage Matthew Mercy Messiah Obedience Prayer Prophets Psalms Resurrection Sabbath Salvation Sermon Sin Titus Trust Truth Wisdom Worship