There are two major sections in the book of Isaiah, and two narratives that tell us what the book is about. Chapters 1-39 were in the context of the Assyrian judgment. Hezekiah was the king during the attack and turned to the Lord for help. The Lord then rescues them. Hezekiah later sins and the Lord sends Isaiah to foretell Babylonian judgment. The second half of the book has much stronger themes of the Messiah.
- Pictures of Jesus August 19, 2018
- By Faith Abraham… August 12, 2018
- The Lamb of God August 5, 2018
- At Peace with Man and God July 29, 2018
- Racial Reconciliation and the Church: Cultural Expressions in Worship July 29, 2018
Sermon Tags10 Commandments Abraham Attributes of God Blessings Christ church Comfort Corinthians Covenant Ephesians Exodus Faith Forgiveness Genesis God Gospel Grace Hope Isaiah Jesus Jude Judgment Justice King Law Love Luke Marriage Matthew Mercy Messiah Obedience Prayer Prophets Psalms Resurrection Sabbath Salvation Sermon Sin Titus Trust Truth Wisdom Worship